The F.J. Foundation was established by David
Fletcher Jones (1895 – 1977) and Rena Ellen
Jones (1894 – 1970) and apart from initial
seed funding in 1958 was the beneficiary of their
respective estates upon their deaths. These consisted
of shares in the Fletcher Jones Group of Companies.
The Foundation benefited from dividends derived
by these shares over many years but this income
stream ceased when the Company was sold in 1993
and the shares were considered worthless.
Fortunately, the directors of the Foundation
had maintained some investments outside of the
Company. These investments enabled the Foundation
to maintain its philanthropic work, albeit at
a reduced level.
As the funds invested by the Foundation increase,
the philanthropic grants are increasing, but it
must be recognised that the F.J. Foundation is
The Directors in office in November 2005 are:
- Mr. Ralph F.Jones
- Mr. David F.Jones
- Mr. Frederick M.W.Meurs
- Mrs Isobel D.Jones